|Date Posted||April 23, 2020|
Deadline of this Job:
30 April 2020
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children. Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Visit us at www.righttoplay.com
Job Summary: The Training Officer reports directly to the Country Director and technically to the Global Training and Capacity Building Specialist where applicable and is responsible for ensuring quality of training provided by the Right To Play team through capacity building. The incumbent supports the development and implementation of organization's resources and training program in the country..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Responsibility #1: Training and capacity building 40% of Time):
• Conducts needs assessment, evaluates the skills of the team and recommends the appropriate training.
• Develops annual training plan to enhance staff skills and builds their capacities in line with the RTP country plan.
• Conducts training sessions in child protection, gender, human rights and other related subjects.
• Supports Field Facilitators, Coach Trainers, Coaches and Junior Leaders in identifying the community needs and ensures RTP activities are aligned with project plans and proposals.
• Trains Field Facilitators and Coach Trainers in RTP resources and supports the certification process of Coaches and Coach Trainers.
• Works with Field Facilitators, partners and Coach Trainers to develop weekly, monthly and annual Coach training schedules for all project locations.
• Oversees Field Facilitators and Coach Trainers when they train Coaches, and ensures that all trainings are modified and aligned with proposals and work plans.
• Works with Field Facilitators and Coach Trainers to evaluate training workshops and submits evaluation reports to the CD.
• Works with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer to ensure Field Facilitator and Coach Trainers are trained on using qualitative and quantitative monitoring tools as well as performance assessment.
• Maintains records of the training database as well as the training library for the benefit and use of the team.
• Formulates terms of reference for external training when needed, evaluates the training providers and recommends the appropriate one.
• Trains education officials on how to observe and support teachers.
• Coaches and mentors the Field Facilitators and Coach Trainers and provides inputs on training reports developed by them.
• Develops together with Program Manager and partners a context specific to the continuum of training and provides technical inputs on the delivery of related training.
Job Responsibility #2: Activity planning and implementation (35% of Time):
• Ensures Project Officers, Field Facilitators and Coach Trainers have a clear activity plan and works with them to develop and implement activity schedules for children in all project locations.
• Together with Field Facilitators, encourages and supports Coach-led and community led initiatives in all project locations.
• Conducts regular follow-up visits of all project locations to ensure training plans and implementation aligns with project proposal; supports project team in developing workshops to best fit the requirement and projects in the field.
• Ensures integration of partner organization activities into RTP activities and vice versa.
• Supports Field Facilitators in regard to training logistics in all project locations.
• Provides feedback on new resources and recommends changes based on country context.
• Supports the integration of training, capacity building and resource development components in proposal development.
• Supports the development of the country annual plan to ensure that training and capacity building are designed to meet program outcomes in line with proposals.
• Supports the development and dissemination of best practices related to the country programs.
Job responsibility #3: Establish and maintain partnerships. (20% of time)
• Represents RTP and has regular consultations with Field Facilitators, Coach Trainers, local partner organizations, stakeholders and key beneficiaries in all project locations in regards to training and RTP tools.
• Performs other duties as assigned: (5% of time)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the Right to Play Training Officer job must hold a Bachelor's degree in Social Studies, Project Management, Peacebuilding, Education or other related discipline.
• At least three years of experience in developing and implementing training sessions for adults, some of which should have been at senior level working with NGOs
• Computer literacy in MS Word, Power Point, Excel and Internet
• Understanding adult learning concepts
• Understanding of monitoring and evaluation methods and tools
• Understanding of different training techniques
• Understanding the concept of Sport for Development
• Experience of rights-based programming, Gender, and Sexual and Gender-based Violence
• Experience of child rights and child safeguarding
• Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English and local language(s).
• Master's degree in adult education or any related discipline
• Train of Trainer certification
• Experience of implementing Sport for Development and Peace and/or Play-Based Learning projects
• Experience of delivering development programs for pre-primary, primary and secondary schools
• Health (including sexual health), and menstrual hygiene management
• Experience of monitoring and evaluation methods and tools
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong assessment and evaluation skills
• Ability to understand audience and adjust training to their level
• Strong facilitation skills
• Ability to work with children, youth leaders and adults
• Monitoring, Coaching and feedback skills
Contract Duration: Long term engagement based on performance and availability of funds
COMPENSATION: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including a flexible work policy (e.g. work from home).
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested in applying for these positions, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and kindly include “Position + Location + Name” in the subject line (e.g. Project Officer, Mbarara, Brian Jones). Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance. We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment
Fatal error: Uncaught Daq_Db_Exception: Unknown column 't4.title' in 'where clause' occured in query: <code>SELECT COUNT(*) as `cnt` FROM `wp_wpjb_job` AS `t1` WHERE t1.is_active = 1 AND t1.job_created_at <= '2020-06-03' AND t1.job_expires_at >= '2020-06-03' AND is_filled != 3 AND t1.id NOT IN('443') AND t1.id IN(SELECT job_id FROM wp_wpjb_job_search AS t4 WHERE MATCH( t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location )AGAINST ( '"Training Officer Job at Right To Play"' IN BOOLEAN MODE )) AND MATCH( t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location )AGAINST ( 'Training Officer Job at Right To Play' IN BOOLEAN MODE ) ORDER BY t1.is_featured DESC, t1.job_created_at DESC, t1.id DESC</code> in /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/framework/Db/Query.php:421 Stack trace: #0 /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/application/libraries/Model/JobSearch.php(59): Daq_Db_Query->fetchColumn() #1 /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard in /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/framework/Db/Query.php on line 421