|Date Posted||April 23, 2020|
Deadline of this Job:
30 April 2020
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children. Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Visit us at www.righttoplay.com
Job Summary: The Projects Manager reports directly to the Program Manager, Uganda Country Office. The incumbent is responsible for project planning and high quality implementation of all of the operational projects in the Uganda country portfolio. He/she supports the Program Manager in the design and development of new projects, fundraising, identification and maintenance of partnerships and representation. Under the oversight of the Program Manager, he/she is also responsible for reporting, budget monitoring and donor compliance of active grants. The Project Manager directly manages project teams based in different locations across Uganda..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Responsibility #1: Program strategic planning and development 5% of Time):
• Supports the design and development of new program strategies and plans.
• Supports the preparation of timely and cost effective operational plans, budgets and strategic plans with the program team.
• Supports the Program Manager in identifying new project ideas that are aligned with the organization's strategic targets.
Job Responsibility #2: Program implementation, quality, innovation, and reporting (45% of Time):
• Supports in Program Manager in the management of all operational projects.
• Ensures that project teams are implementing project activities in line with donor requirements to achieve project outcomes.
• Collaborates with MEL officer(s) to maintain the existing process of monitoring, evaluation and Learning (MEL) and reporting system of RTP.
• Collaborates with MEL officer(s) to develop and implement monitoring, review, assessment and evaluation plans for improved program development and delivery.
• Ensures adherence to RTP program standards in program design and implementation
• In close consultation with the Program Manager, oversees preparation and submission of quality narrative reports, financial reports, workplans and budgets in line with donor requirements, ensuring that financial budgeting and reporting is aligned with program/project plans and implementation.
• Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to the Program Manager and stakeholders to ensure that program lessons are being used to promote improved program delivery.
• Conducts regular monitoring visits to project locations.
• Together with the project team and in consultation with the Program Manager, proactively identifies bottlenecks and potential implementation risks and develops effective strategies to address them.
Job responsibility #3: Program financial management. (10% of time)
• In close coordination with the Finance Officer supports the budget planning processes for programs/projects to ensure that project funds are expended according to procedures and plans.
• Collaborates with the Program Manager to develop new initiatives to be integrated into the budget.
Job responsibility #3: Team management, compliance and capacity building. (20% of time)
• Ensures that the project team members have a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in their job descriptions to ensure quality performance.
• Participates in the recruitment of new project team members.
• Regularly provides the necessary feedback project team members and completes their performance appraisals.
• Provides direct support to project teams in the form of systems and tools.
• Ensures that staff development plans are reviewed by the country office senior leadership team and implemented.
• Implements policies and procedures that guide and support RTP activities, ensures compliance with RTP code of conduct, gender and child safeguarding policies including timely and appropriate reporting.
• Develops and strengthens the project team's understanding of project cycle management.
• Ensures that all RTP rehabilitation projects implemented are in compliance with the donors and RTP environmental standards.
• Ensures inclusion of relevant provisions in Contracts/MoUs on RTP Child Safeguarding and Gender Policies and ensures that partners and staff are meeting the standards in these policies.
Job responsibility #4: Partnership, fundraising , representation and collaboration. (15% of time)
• Supports the Program Manager in identifying potential linkages, collaboration and networking with other civil society organizations and government and other relevant institutions to enhance RTP visibility and program activities.
• At the request of the Program Manager, represents RTP in various platforms and maintains positive relationships with governments and other relevant stakeholders regarding RTP activities.
• Supports the Program Manager in identifying and developing new partnerships with local NGOs, Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and the communities.
• Meets with partners' staff and community leaders to discuss program improvement as needed.
• At the request of the Program Manager, participates in partnership meetings with donors
• Under the leadership of the Program Manager, develops high quality proposals for potential funding.
Performs other duties as assigned: (5% of time)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant for the Right To Play Projects Manager job must hold a Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or other related disciplines.
• At least five years' experience managing international development projects. Proven experience in project planning, implementation and monitoring, proposal development, report writing, partnership-building and working with NGOs.
• Strong MS Office and program management tools and procedures
• Budgetary control and financial management, including ability to read and understand financial data
• Project management skills
• Understanding of play-based learning
• Understanding of community development processes
• Experience working in at least one of Uganda's priority areas: quality education, ECD, nutrition, WASH and SRHR
• Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English and local language(s).
• Experience in quality improvement
• Experience managing projects in multiple locations
• Gender mainstreaming and child safeguarding background
• Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task on a constant basis
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials, donors and community leaders
• Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines in a fast-paced fluid environment
• Creative and flexible with problem solving skills
• Demonstrated professionalism and diplomacy
• Ability to confidently represent oneself and RTP to mid-level officials
• People management particularly coaching
Contract Duration: Anticipated 8 months contract with possibility of renewal subject to funding.
COMPENSATION: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including a flexible work policy (e.g. work from home).
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested in applying for these positions, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly include “Position + Location + Name” in the subject line (e.g. Project Officer, Mbarara, Brian Jones). Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance. We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
Fatal error: Uncaught Daq_Db_Exception: Unknown column 't4.title' in 'where clause' occured in query: <code>SELECT COUNT(*) as `cnt` FROM `wp_wpjb_job` AS `t1` WHERE t1.is_active = 1 AND t1.job_created_at <= '2020-06-03' AND t1.job_expires_at >= '2020-06-03' AND is_filled != 3 AND t1.id NOT IN('442') AND t1.id IN(SELECT job_id FROM wp_wpjb_job_search AS t4 WHERE MATCH( t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location )AGAINST ( '"Projects Manager Job at Right To Play"' IN BOOLEAN MODE )) AND MATCH( t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location )AGAINST ( 'Projects Manager Job at Right To Play' IN BOOLEAN MODE ) ORDER BY t1.is_featured DESC, t1.job_created_at DESC, t1.id DESC</code> in /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/framework/Db/Query.php:421 Stack trace: #0 /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/application/libraries/Model/JobSearch.php(59): Daq_Db_Query->fetchColumn() #1 /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard in /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/framework/Db/Query.php on line 421