|Date Posted||February 13, 2020|
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2020
Within Uganda , Njeru , East Africa
The Uganda Trypanosomiasis Control Council (UTCC) was established by an Act of parliament in 1992 (Ch 211) as semi-autonomous body charged with the responsibility of controlling Tsetse and Trypanosomiasis in Uganda with a view of enhancing human health and agricultural production so as to contribute towards the improvement of the standard of living of Ugandans. UTCC now invites young, dynamic and energetic individuals to fill the following available position. These are contract jobs for an initial period of 5 (five) years renewed upon good performance.
Grade: UTCC scale 6
Age: 30 years and above
The Parasitoligist will be part of a dynamic team of scientists that is expected to study the classification, life cycle, distribution, physiology, behavior, ecology and population dynamics ol trypancsomesl tsetse ﬂies plus their control in Uganda. He/ She will be reporting to the Oper ations Manager and will be stationed at Njeru in Buikwe District. .
• Undertake trypanosome infection rates studies in tsetse flies, live
• stock and human hosts.
• Develop and conduct experimental studies with insects in con
• trolled or natural surroundings
• Collect and analyze biological data and specimens.
• Study the characteristics of insects, including interactions with other species and their environment, reproduction, population dy namics, diseases, and movement patterns.
• Estimate, monitor, and manage insect population
Minimum Academic Qualiﬁcations:
• The candidate should have at least a Bachelors (second upper) in science with bias in Zoology, Parasitology or any other biological science related field from a reputable Institution.
• Two (2) years‘ experience in tsetse ortiypanosome related studies or intervention will be an added advantage.
• Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and able to maintain careful attention to detail.
• Proficiency with standard software (e.g. Microsoft Excel) is required.
• Demonstrated experience keeping accurate and detailed laboratory records.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and good at record keeping
Job Experience Requirements: Two (2) years
Work Hours: 8
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet our requirements. have the necessary skills, you desire to succeed and make a difference, then apply and hand deliver a detailed CV, hard copies cf certiﬁed academic and professional certificates / transcripts, three (3) recommendation letters from your referees and a daytime telephone contact to the Human Resource & Administration Officer; before 5:00PM on Friday, February 25, 2020 at the address above
Applications received after the closing date will note be considered. Please note that UTCC is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by end of March 2020; please consider yourself unsuccessful.