|Date Posted||April 23, 2020|
Deadline of this Job:
08 May 2020
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
The Uganda Trypanosomiasis Control Council (UTCC) was established by an Act of parliament in 1992 (Ch 211) as semi-autonomous body charged with the responsibility of controlling Tsetse and Trypanosomiasis in Uganda with a view of enhancing human health and agricultural production so as to contribute towards the improvement of the standard of living of Ugandans. UTCC now invites young, dynamic and energetic individuals to ﬁll the position below. This is a contract job for an initial period of 5 (five) years renewed upon good performance.
Grade: UTCC scale 6
Minimum Age: 28 years
The Parasitoligist will be part of a dynamic team of scientists that is expected to study the classification, life cycle, distribution, physiology, behavior, ecology and population dynamics of trypanosomes/ tsetse flies plus their control in Uganda. He/ She will be reporting to the Operations Manager and will be stationed in Buikwe District..
• Undertake trypanosome infection rates studies in tsetse ﬂies, livestock and human hosts.
• Develop and conduct experimental studies with insects in controlled or natural surroundings.
• Collect and analyze biological data and specimens.
• Study the characteristics of insects, including interactions with other species and their environment, reproduction, population dynamics, diseases, and movement patterns.
• Estimate, monitor, and manage insect populations.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• The candidate should have at least a Bachelors (second upper) in science with bias in Zoology, Parasitology or any other biological science related ﬁeld from a reputable Institution.
• At least 3 years’ experience in the related ﬁeld.
• A post graduate training in tsetse or trypanosome related studies or intervention will be an added advantage.
• Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and able to maintain careful attention to detail.
• Proﬁciency with standard software (e.g. Microsoft Excel) is required.
• Demonstrated experience keeping accurate and detailed laboratory records.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and good at record keeping.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Experience: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet our requirements, have the necessary skills, you desire to succeed and make a difference, then apply and send a detailed CV, photo-copies of certified academic and professional certiﬁcates I transcripts, three (3) recommendation letters from your referees and a daytime telephone contact to email@example.com ; before 5:00PM on Friday, May 8, 2020. Applications received after the closing date will note be considered. Please note that UTCC is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by end of May 2020; please consider yourself unsuccessful. Those who applied earlier need not reapply.
Fatal error: Uncaught Daq_Db_Exception: Unknown column 't4.title' in 'where clause' occured in query: <code>SELECT COUNT(*) as `cnt` FROM `wp_wpjb_job` AS `t1` WHERE t1.is_active = 1 AND t1.job_created_at <= '2020-06-03' AND t1.job_expires_at >= '2020-06-03' AND is_filled != 3 AND t1.id NOT IN('459') AND t1.id IN(SELECT job_id FROM wp_wpjb_job_search AS t4 WHERE MATCH( t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location )AGAINST ( '"Parasitoligist Job at Uganda Trypanosomiasis Control Council (UTCC)"' IN BOOLEAN MODE )) AND MATCH( t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location )AGAINST ( 'Parasitoligist Job at Uganda Trypanosomiasis Control Council (UTCC)' IN BOOLEAN MODE ) ORDER BY t1.is_featured DESC, t1.job_created_at DESC, t1.id DESC</code> in /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/framework/Db/Query.php:421 Stack trace: #0 /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/application/libraries/Model/JobSearch.php(59): Daq_Db_Query->fetchColumn() #1 /home/hfr in /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/framework/Db/Query.php on line 421