|Date Posted||January 22, 2020|
To provide legal services to the Company under the governing laws, company rules and regulations by representations in courts
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Executive level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Job Title : Legal Officer
Reports to : Head Legal and Administration
Purpose : To provide legal services to the Company under the governing laws, company rules and regulations by representations in courts, drafting and offering legal briefs to the BOD and Management.
Key Result Areas
1) Negotiating settlements out of court
2) Giving legal advice to various Departments
3) Drafting, vetting and approving legal documents
4) Assisting in debt recovery.
5) Following up with witnesses for cases filed in court
6) Attending court as and when required by lawyers
7) Liaising with the external Advocates on cases filed in court
8) Researching on legal cases for purposes of processing claims
9) Reviewing and assessing Third Party Claims.
10) Ensuring witnesses attend court
11) Following up on recovery cases in court
12) Any other duties assigned.
1. Bachelors of Law Degree
2. Admitted Advocate of the High Court with a current practicing certificate
3. Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite and packages.
4. Minimum 2 years’ experience in a large and reputable firm/ Organization.
- Visionary Leadership
- Entrepreneur Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit. Functional Skills
- Information management
- Compliance and risk management
Applications and CVS together with academic qualifications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org