|Date Posted||February 13, 2020|
Deadline of this Job:
26 February 2020
Within Uganda , Mbale , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sanyu Africa Research institute(SAfRI) is a registered not for profit, organization whose vision is A world in which all women and children can enjoy high quality health care. SAfRI’s Mission is ‘To improve Maternal, Newborn and Child Health especially among the poor through high quality, collaborative clinical research particularly using low cost, innovative technologies’. We work closely with local health care providers and government to strengthen the research capacity and promote inspiring models of evidence based practice. SAfRI is inviting applications for the position of Human Resource Officer . This Trial aims to determine whether the use of alcohol based hand rub postnatally in the community will reduce the occurrence of severe illness in the newborn babies. The study will be carried out in three health centre IVs in Mbale and Budaka districts of Uganda
Job Title: HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER (1posts)
Reports to: The executive director
Working hours: 40hrs per week
Contract type: Full Time
Contract Duration: 2 years
Duty station: Mbale Office
Job Purpose: As a HR Officer you will fully participate in staff recruitment, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. You will be responsible for administrative tasks and you’ll contribute to making the company a better place to work. We expect you to have knowledge of various HR functions. We want to see a committed and approachable individual and be impressed with your character and skills. The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers. .
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
• Provide counseling on policies and procedures
• Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting adverts and managing the hiring process
• Develop training and development programs Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
• Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
• Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
• Ensure staff health, safety and welfare
• making sure that staff get paid correctly and on time
• advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer's own employment policies and procedures
Qualification and experience
• Proven experience as administration and Human Resource officer, Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
• Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
• Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
• Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
• Strong ethics and reliability
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human resource management or relevant field.
Essential skills and Specifications
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Fluency in verbal and written English
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated/driven.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work well in a team
• Ability to professionally communicate in writing, verbally or other means deemed appropriate.
Job Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Education: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications are online on SAfRI website at www.vacancies.safri.ac.ug . All interested applicants should submit their applications with relevant testimonials, certificates and at least three referees. For more inquiries, send emails to: email@example.com or call 0393 – 280 580 or +256704985877