|Date Posted||April 23, 2020|
Deadline of this Job:
27 April 2020
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Reports to: Audit Manager
BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. Starting from a modest launch in 2006, Uganda is the site of BRAC’s largest and fastest scale-up in Africa. BRAC in Uganda, is comprised of three legal entitles i.e. BRAC Uganda Bank Limited (BUBL); BRAC Social Business Enterprise Uganda Limited (BSBE) and BRAC Uganda NGO..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the rapid assessment process by reviewing contracts with a compliance lens.
• Use Grant Management system and tools to monitor Country Office portfolio and performance in Grant Management. 3. Lead regular Grant reviews and monitor across allocated portfolio.
• Develop expert knowledge of Grant Management systems, it’s reporting functions and ensure adherence of system guidelines to promote data quality.
• Act as Country Office super user and lead on the BRAC Grant Management system.
• Support the CMT (Country Management Team) to develop action plans and address issues highlighted by Grant metrics and indicators.
• Capacity building of more junior staff and promote learning in the Grant Management team as applicable.
• Identify issues in active Grant portfolio and apply problem solving skills.
• Support Country Office in strategic and operational stewardship over donor resources.
• Safeguarding: Ensuring the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s (honors) degree in Finance, International Development and any other related fields with a relevant Master’s degree from a reputable university. A professional qualification is an added advantage
• The candidate must have at least seven (7) years working experience in Donor Contract Management (DCM) with a reputable international NGO, and direct experience with government and donor representatives
• Knowledge of project planning & management principles donor guidelines with Strong understanding of Resource mobilization, writing of fundable proposals. Knowledge of Financial aspects of Grant Management; Knowledge of the requirements of major institutional donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliancy management and reporting experience of engaging with donors
• Have Key personal competences in Team and communication skills, High levels of negotiation and coordination, analytical skills, networking and partnership skills. Must be dynamic, Persuasive &convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
• Age: Above 35+ years
Job Education: Bachelor’s (honors) degree
Job Experience: seven (7) years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their Application, CV and academic documents in one folder addressed to the Head Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly when submitting. Only complete applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Fatal error: Uncaught Daq_Db_Exception: Unknown column 't4.title' in 'where clause' occured in query: <code>SELECT COUNT(*) as `cnt` FROM `wp_wpjb_job` AS `t1` WHERE t1.is_active = 1 AND t1.job_created_at <= '2020-06-03' AND t1.job_expires_at >= '2020-06-03' AND is_filled != 3 AND t1.id NOT IN('456') AND t1.id IN(SELECT job_id FROM wp_wpjb_job_search AS t4 WHERE MATCH( t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location )AGAINST ( '"Grants Manager Job at BRAC"' IN BOOLEAN MODE )) AND MATCH( t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location )AGAINST ( 'Grants Manager Job at BRAC' IN BOOLEAN MODE ) ORDER BY t1.is_featured DESC, t1.job_created_at DESC, t1.id DESC</code> in /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/framework/Db/Query.php:421 Stack trace: #0 /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/application/libraries/Model/JobSearch.php(59): Daq_Db_Query->fetchColumn() #1 /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/application/libraries in /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/framework/Db/Query.php on line 421