|Date Posted||January 22, 2020|
NGO - Non Government Organisations
Gulu Women Economic development and Globalization-GWED-G is a Women’s rights organization
founded in 2004 with its head office in GULU, Northern Uganda. GWED-G in partnership with CARITAS
Switzerland, AFARD and Advance Africa, secured a 40-month DINU funding from OPM/EU for the implementation
of Action for Livelihood Enhancement in Northern Uganda (ALENU) in the Northern Uganda districts, Amuru, and
Agago. The purpose of ALENU is, “To consolidate stability in Northern Uganda, eradicate poverty and undernutrition and strengthen the foundations for sustainable and inclusive socio-economic development” and its
specific objective is, “To increase food security, improve maternal and child nutrition, and enhance household
incomes through support to diversified food production and commercial agriculture and through improving
household resilience (notably to climate change) and women empowerment.”
Starting Date 1 st March 2020.
Drive and provide logistical support for project activities
- To drive and ensure that vehicle is in sound mechanical condition and all parts, which facilitate safe driving, are functional
- Ensure that the vehicle is always kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure that the vehicle he/she is driving is insured and licensed if not communicates to the supervisor.
- Makes journeys which are only authorized by the GWED-G management/Administration
- Not allowed to carry out an authorized passengers.
- Abide by the Drivers Essential Guide
- Ensure that the load carried does not exceed the vehicle tonnage allowed
- Must fill logbook before and after each journey
- Ensure that all the goods carried in the vehicle correspond with the delivery note
- Ensure always that there is enough fuel in the vehicle
- Carry out minor repairs on the vehicle, motorcycle and generators when required
- Carryout any other duties delegated by the immediate supervisor
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education ( UCE)
- Certificate in defensive driving
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Driver
- Good communication skills
- High integrity
- Excellent driving skills off –road
- Willingness to work long hours
- Basic writing skills especially in filling vehicle log sheets
- Excellent personality and good attitude towards work assignments
Send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees ONLY by e-mail to
Please mark your application with your preferred location/Cluster.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.