|Date Posted||April 23, 2020|
Deadline of this Job:
04 May 2020
Within Uganda , Isingiro , East Africa
Post: Communications Intern – Uganda Location: Kampala Reports to: Programme Funding Manager – Uganda Job type: Internship (Lunch and transport allowance will be provided at 700,000 UGX per month)
Sense International is one of the world’s leading international organizations working for people with deaf blindness and their families.
Job purpose: Support SIU to raise awareness about the organisation and about deaf blindness in line with SIU’s communications plan.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communications planning
• Contribute to the development and annual review of a Communications Strategy. Develop an Annual Communications Workplan to be updated on a monthly basis.
2. Case studies, stories and blog posts
• Produce case studies, stories and blog posts on a regular basis to reflect the changes in the lives of the people we are supporting. This will be done through visits to programmes and through interviewing staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
3. Media relations
• Develop relationships with the media, including print media, radio, television and online media. Disseminate press releases linked to key events in order to obtain coverage for SIU in the above mentioned media channels.
4. Awareness raising events
• Support SIU to hold awareness raising events with partners by contributing to the coordination and planning of the events, by producing communications materials, by capturing stories about the events, by generating media coverage and by sharing news stories on social media.
5. Communications materials
• Develop communications materials in line with the communications plan and for specific events and projects as required.
6. Social media channels
• Build a following and update content for SIU’s Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts in line with SIU’s communications plan.
7. Programmes communications support
• Support specific awareness raising and communications objectives within projects and programmes.
8. Other duties
• Any other duties as called upon in order to achieve the communications objectives of SIU.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Ability to work under minimum supervision to achieve results
• Good interpersonal skills
• Innovation and creativity
• Proficient in MS Office applications
• Excellent knowledge of communication through the social media
• Good communication and marketing skills
• Excellent writing skills
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a communications or related field of study
• Experience in a communications related role
• Knowledge of the international development sector
• Knowledge of the disability sector within civil society
Strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care.
A commitment to Sense International’s mission.
Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads.
A positive and proactive approach to all areas of work with a ‘can do’ attitude, in line with the organisation’s values.
High standards of personal integrity, honesty and discretion.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All candidates should email their covering letter (maximum 2 pages) and current CV to the Finance and Administration Manager of Uganda: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include Communications Intern in the subject line of your email.
Your covering letter must include:
• Why you are interested in this position
• How you think your experience and skills match the job description
• Your daytime contact number
• Available start date
Due to the high number of applications we anticipate receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is 4th May 2020
Fatal error: Uncaught Daq_Db_Exception: Unknown column 't4.title' in 'where clause' occured in query: <code>SELECT COUNT(*) as `cnt` FROM `wp_wpjb_job` AS `t1` WHERE t1.is_active = 1 AND t1.job_created_at <= '2020-06-03' AND t1.job_expires_at >= '2020-06-03' AND is_filled != 3 AND t1.id NOT IN('452') AND t1.id IN(SELECT job_id FROM wp_wpjb_job_search AS t4 WHERE MATCH( t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location )AGAINST ( '"Communications Intern Jobs at Sense International"' IN BOOLEAN MODE )) AND MATCH( t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location )AGAINST ( 'Communications Intern Jobs at Sense International' IN BOOLEAN MODE ) ORDER BY t1.is_featured DESC, t1.job_created_at DESC, t1.id DESC</code> in /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/framework/Db/Query.php:421 Stack trace: #0 /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/application/libraries/Model/JobSearch.php(59): Daq_Db_Query->fetchColumn() #1 /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-co in /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/framework/Db/Query.php on line 421