|Date Posted||April 23, 2020|
Deadline of this Job:
08 May 2020
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Nathan Associates is currently implementing the USAID-funded Uganda Domestic Revenue Mobilization for Development Activity. The success of the Activity in delivering superior client service depends on the quality and performance of its staff members. The Program presently implements the direct management of its administration through the Finance and Administration team.
The Accountant will assist the Director of Finance and Administration with processing of payments, tracking partner and grantees accountabilities, tracking and clearing staff advances..
Specifically, the Accountant will:
• Maintain vouchers and receipts for all purchases and payments
• Process accounts receivable and other incoming deposits
• Ensure that all payments have been approved by the authorized personnel in writing, and to ensure that proper hard copies of all accounting records are kept
• Track all advances whether for travel or petty cash payments
• Submit quarterly VAT report to the donor.
• Graduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting: ACCA or CPA qualification is an added advantage
• A minimum of five (5) years' experience managing finances under donor funded projects, preferably USAIDfunded projects
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of MS Excel and Word
• Proficiency in using Quickbooks software.
Job Education: Degree
Job Experience: five (5) years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application letters, CVs and copies of testimonials should be addressed to:
The Director of Finance and Administration USAID/Uganda Domestic Revenue Mobilization for Development Activity Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday May 8, 2020 Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Fatal error: Uncaught Daq_Db_Exception: Unknown column 't4.title' in 'where clause' occured in query: <code>SELECT COUNT(*) as `cnt` FROM `wp_wpjb_job` AS `t1` WHERE t1.is_active = 1 AND t1.job_created_at <= '2020-06-03' AND t1.job_expires_at >= '2020-06-03' AND is_filled != 3 AND t1.id NOT IN('453') AND t1.id IN(SELECT job_id FROM wp_wpjb_job_search AS t4 WHERE MATCH( t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location )AGAINST ( '"Accountant Job at Nathan Associates"' IN BOOLEAN MODE )) AND MATCH( t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location )AGAINST ( 'Accountant Job at Nathan Associates' IN BOOLEAN MODE ) ORDER BY t1.is_featured DESC, t1.job_created_at DESC, t1.id DESC</code> in /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/framework/Db/Query.php:421 Stack trace: #0 /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/application/libraries/Model/JobSearch.php(59): Daq_Db_Query->fetchColumn() #1 /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/app in /home/hfrbqwlc/public_html/dailyjobs.ug/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/framework/Db/Query.php on line 421