|Date Posted||February 13, 2020|
The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB), a leading Christian organization coordinating 302 Member Health facilities all over Uganda, is inviting applications for the following positions from suitably qualiﬁed individuals to work as part of a professional and self-driven team. Candidates should be people of good reputation and are willing to uphold the ethics and values of UPMB
JOB TlTLE: Program Assistants- Nutrition and Family Planning
REPORTS: Project Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: NONE
No. of posts: (4)
Duty Station: Lamwo Adjumani, Yumbe, Arua .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Project manager to initiate and coordinate the planning of the speciﬁed project activities in liaison with other sectors within the project, and also ensure optimum utilization of project resources at minimum cost
• Collect, tabulate and analyze on a regular basis ﬁeld data on project activities carried out, and undertake impact assessment using participatory approach for all beneﬁciaries to determine the relevance and impact of the project assistance
• Build the capacity of ﬁeld teams including health workers, VHTs and lead caregivers through refresher and mentorship trainings in maternal, young child and adolescent nutrition as well as family planning
• Supervising all nutrition and family planning related activities and interventions and family planning in collaboration with UPMB
• Ensures establishment of kitchen gardens for vulnerable households and follow up of malnutrition cases. ensures a functional referral system is in place
• Assist the project manager to prepare periodical work plans, report on sector activities and ensure that the Project's objectives/outputs are achieved according to the the work plans and within the contracted project period according to donor guidelines.
• Perform any other offical duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualiﬁcations and skills
• Licensed Midwife/ Nurse with their relevant professional bodies.
• Public Health Qualiﬁcation will be added advantage
• Flexible schedule;
• At least 3 years of previous experience in family planning or nutrition
• A high degree of integrity, Good analytical skills with a very good eye for details, Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, Self-organized and assertive characteristics, Good command of the English language.
• Fluency in the local language will be an added advantage
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants should attach their cvs and copies of their academic certiﬁcates.
Applications with e-mail addresses, telephone numbers and two references should be addressed to: The Executive Director Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau, P.O. Box 4127 Kampala, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Deadline for submission of applications is: one week from the date of advert